Sit in the comfort of your home and speak with your doctor on a secure line.
Looking for a Second Opinion or Different Approach to Your Health?
Sherry sure was. Sherry was officially in menopause. That’s what her doctor had said and offered a prescription for vaginal lubricant to help with painful intercourse and anti-depressants. Sherry knew that it was more of the hot flashes and night sweats that were leading to her sleep problems and depression. She had never been depressed before. Sherry wanted a second opinion, a way to treat things more deeply, and more naturally. The closest integrative women’s health specialist was over 2 hours away. With traffic and her work schedule, she didn’t know when she would be able to get in. One thing was certain; she needed help sooner rather than later. That’s when she realized that our office offered Telemedicine. She picked up the phone and set a Telemedicine appointment. She was able to meet with me from the comfort of her home, get all her questions answered and start a program immediately to correct her hormone imbalance.
Simple, Easy, Effective, I call that a win.
Now every woman regardless of her location can get the answers she needs to feel balanced and healthy.
Dr. Andrea Purcell, Integrative women’s health expert, began offering telemedicine appointments earlier this year. Access to integrative medicine has never been easier as the doctor will now come to you.
Dr. Purcell focuses on women’s health and specializes in the areas of hormone balance, weight control, and digestive problems.
Find out more about how Telemedicine can help you below.
We are Proud to Announce and Offer the Latest Development in Medicine.
Telemedicine is a 2 way audio/video conference with your doctor that occurs at a distance. You can sit in the comfort of your home and speak with your doctor confidentially on a secure line. This is a line that only you and your doctor can access. The connection is completely HIPPA compliant. That means it is a secure connection that no unseen third party can access. You will meet for a consultation face to face with your doctor using this new technology. To participate in Telemedicine all you need is a computer with a video camera and a high speed internet connection.
In 2014 both Arizona and California passed laws approving telemedicine. This allows medicine to be practiced in a new state of the art way while providing excellent patient care. Dr. Purcell is fully licensed and qualified to perform telemedicine. At our clinic we use the most reliable and secure technology available to provide you with the best care. Dr. Purcell’s services include consulting, coaching, analyzing, testing and making recommendations on your health. All of this can be done using the telemedicine technology.
We are on the cutting edge of this new technology and sometimes new things are scary, especially meeting with a new doctor over the internet. To help you embrace this new way of medicine we asked some of our patients to give us feedback. Here is what our patients are saying about this technology:
- “I think the Telemedicine appointments work great. Sound quality is better than over the phone, and as long as there’s a reliable connection, it’s far superior to phone. Also it’s easier if she had to see something, Also there’s a chat function so she can type out long and technical stuff if the patient needs it.” -Jay K.
- “The Telemedicine appointment seemed to be just as effective as an in person appointment. It was much better than a phone appointment in my opinion but just as convenient.” -Brenda J.
- “I loved the Telemedicine option. For me, it was distance. I can benefit from her expertise without the hour’s commute each way” -Jean L.
When you use Telemedicine, you increase your access to your doctor, wherever and whenever you need to.
It all boils down to better service without compromise.
Who Can Benefit from a Telemedicine Appointment?
- New and existing patients
- Patients who are feeling too sick or too tired to leave home
- Patients who live far away and want to avoid a long commute
- Busy moms
- College students away at school
- Having a health crisis while on vacation? That’s no problem with Telemedicine!
How to Begin
- Call office to set an appointment
- You will need a computer with a built in camera
- Once your appointment is booked, you will receive a Welcome Email to the email address you provide
- This Welcome Email will include a link to register for your free telemedicine account, your new patient forms & Informed Consent which we will need you to fill out and either email or fax back to us along with a 3 day food log of everything you eat and drink for a 3 day period and a list of all supplements and medications you are taking. If you have copies of prior lab work, please send as well.
- You will receive appointment reminder emails
- At the time of your appointment, you will log in to the telemedicine account you created and Dr. Purcell will join the video conversation shortly after.