Fun Facts About Tea
1. 75% of the tea consumed in the United States is iced.
2. Hot, brewed tea is highest in polyphenols, the antioxidants responsible for the health protective effects of tea.
3. To get the same benefits from iced tea, chill brewed hot tea in the refrigerator.
4. Iced tea is often made with more water and fewer tea bags, making it more diluted.
5. Did you know that tea can help abate your appetite? Good news for people who are dieting.
6. Tea is a rich source of antioxidants and flavonoids which are scientifically proven to aid in the prevention of heart disease and cancer.
7. The Camellia sinensis tea plant can produce tea for 50 years.
8. Cold season is coming up! Drinking tea helps boost the immune system due to its natural antibacterial properties.
9. Tea is the most popular and cheapest beverage, next to water, in the world.
10. The antioxidants in two cups of black tea are equivalent to the antioxidants in one glass of red wine, seven glasses of orange juice, or 20 glasses of apple juice.