Women, Hormones, and Menopause
Hormones rule us as women. Hormones can determine our emotions, metabolism, body image, confidence, moods, stress response, energy levels, mental clarity and how you relate to the world.
Do you ever wonder why some days you feel light and happy and others seem to be riddled with obstacles? The way you view life events is hormone related.
Women’s hormones change every five years. The most dramatic shifts can happen after a major stressor or life change. Common changes include, pregnancy, traumatic or shocking life event, and menopause.
If you qualify for any of those things and don’t feel well then you should get your hormones tested by an integrative physician. Your conventional doctor will not be able to discern the specifics of your problem because they are not trained to do so.
Other significant shifts start to happen at 35, 40, 45, 50 and 55 years old.
It is important to do a self-assessment to find out if the symptoms you are experiencing are hormone related.
Here are a few things to look for when you suspect a hormonal connection:
- Changes to length and flow of menstrual cycle
- Mood changes in and around menstrual cycle
- Breast pain or tenderness in and around menstrual cycle
- Inability to cope with stress as effectively as you once did OR at certain times of the month.
- Disturbed sleep; including trouble falling asleep OR trouble staying asleep
- Decreased sex drive
- Hot flashes or Night sweats
- Weight gain and Inability to lose weight
- Osteopenia and Osteoporosis
After you look at this list you may realize that a lot of what you are struggling with may be related to your hormones.
Luckily I specialize in women’s hormone balance and have solutions for you.
You hold such an important place in the world; I want you to be as happy and strong as you can be. If you are ready to get started, I can help you.
With much Respect,